Friday, June 26, 2009

My 3 yr. old's a genius

Brodie Glenn is a brainiac. I'm enrolling him in Dartmouth next fall and I'm certain he'll graduate a year early. At seven he should have his undergrad and by fifteen he'll be treating your aches and pains as the country's most honored physician. Yup. That's my lil' Doogie! I've discovered he's super intelligent all on my own and I know I'm spot on!

You see, he's still not pooping in the potty. He'll be four in three months. He JUST started peeing like a big boy. That's how you know. It's not scientific but it's what I'm holding on to. I know he must be a genius because I have a cousin, now 16, that didn't get potty trained 'til he was 4 and he's UBER smart. Brodie IS a genius! Proof!

Come on....it's all I have.

We've tried everything. At two I brought him on a special trip to Target for his big boy undies. After picking out 8 different designs he put them all back. I then picked him out some Lightning McQueen drawers and happily gave them to him in the car,

"Here, Brodie! Your own big boy underwear!" He replied very clearly (he spoke well early on...because he's a genius) "No, Mom. Those are YOURS. YOU picked them out." Dang it!! He was right. "Well, they won't fit me so I'm giving them to you." "They'll fit Ty. Give them to him," he said blandly. Ty is his friend. His friend who LIKED to pee in the potty and therefor wasn't costing his parents 60 to 75 bucks a month.

We tried candy...too obvious. Money (at 3)...wishful thinking. Peer pressure...zilch. Withholding privileges like soccer until he wore underwear...he held steady. My friend even offered to take him to CHUCKY CHEESE if he would use the potty!! CHUCKY CHEESE, people! Vegas for minors! His response was, "Ummm. No thanks." My 3 1/2 year old had politely declined hours of less than average pizza and over stimulation so he could retain the right to mess himself. That's a man who knows what he wants.

We're trying to convince him to give up the #2 ghost. I've no doubt my little stubborn Einstein will do it when he's good and ready. He talked early, walked early, knows his numbers, letters and shapes, adds a bit and has the comdeic timing of Seinfeld. We'll give him his space because he obviously knows what he's doing.

He IS a genius after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment