Monday, June 15, 2009

Halfbrained....

I don't know how to multiply 6 x 8 most days. Other days I can't remember directions to my house. I've been known to stop mid-sentence and forget what I'm talking about. Am I losing my mind? That'd be a no.



You see, all these things happen when either of my boys are within ten feet of me. They rob me of my brain cells! As babies tucked warmly in my womb those rosy cheeked thieves slowly eked out of me iron, calcium, vitamin D and my youthful tummy. They've now pillaged my mind and come out with my common sense and a good chunk of intelligent conversation.


When will I be gifted back my stolen goods? I'm a bit tired of getting stupefied stares by clerks when I hand them a Buddy Buck (a grocery store kid dollar) and a Chucky Cheese token all the while blankly staring back wondering why I don't have my receipt yet. I may not be a world traveler but I'm pretty sure there is no exchange rate for a giant rat's coins and pretend grocery money.



My brain isn't being utilized in a way that benefits my reputation as a previously well-spoken woman. I am completely convinced I am only HALF-brained ....for now.

1 comment: